White Collar Crimes Are Pursued Relentlessly. Protect Yourself.
Deceitful attempts to obtain money may be classified as white collar crimes. Whether by alleged forgery, fraud or other means, such crimes are punished severely by the government. The consequences of being charged with such a crime include imprisonment, financial punishments and other forms of restitution. As such, the importance of an experienced lawyer who is able to frame a cogent defense cannot be overstated.
The lead attorney at Spector | Baker Attorneys and Counselors at Law has decades of experience providing a strong defense against these criminal allegations. Located in Evanston, and serving individuals throughout Cook County, the firm takes thorough and aggressive measures to protect its clients. Attorney Michael E. Baker thoroughly prepares the defense by investigating all aspects of the prosecution’s case. The firm believes in a collaborative process: its clients are kept up to date and consulted on every strategy and potential action.
Offering Protection In State And Federal Courts
Mr. Baker offers a vigorous defense against a variety of white collar charges, including:
- Bank and mortgage fraud — Obtaining money or other assets from a financial institution by illegal means
- Criminal tax evasion — Avoiding the payment of federal or other taxes by filing forms incorrectly, or by neglecting to disclose income
- Embezzlement — Acquiring assets from an individual or company by means of coercion or theft, or through someone who has legal access to the assets
- Identity theft — Using another individual’s personal information, such as their name, birth date, or Social Security or bank account number, for illicit financial gain
- Money laundering — The act of investing illegally obtained money into properties or businesses in order to conceal the money’s origins
No matter the nature of the criminal charges, Mr. Baker offers fierce and dedicated representation.
Contact Mr. Baker Today
To schedule a free consultation and discuss your situation, call Spector | Baker Attorneys and Counselors at Law at 312-782-4640, or complete the online contact form.